Bedford, TX US
FOOD SERVICES HEB
Area of Interest:
Texas Health HEB
Have you ever imagined Cooking for a company that provides higher pay wages, best in class benefits, and no late nights? We might just have the perfect position for you!
As a Line Cook for Texas Health HEB, you not only would gain experience in a high volume and fast paced work environment, but you also have the following advantages at your fingertips…
- Higher Pay Wages
- 8 hour shifts between 5:30am – 9:00pm
- Benefits for you and your family that include Paid Time Off, Health, Dental and Vision.
- Ability to not only grow within the Food and Nutrition Department, but within the healthcare system.
Even though Texas Health Resources does typically have a longer application process we are pleased to share that this practice has allowed us to become one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in the entire country for 2016, as well as the #1 Healthcare Company to work for in the United States in 2015. In order to set you up for success we have outlined our application process below and are able to answer any additional questions should those arise.
- Application will take approximately 45 minutes to an hour
- 5 – 10 minute telephone screen
- An face-to-face interview with the Hiring Manager, as well as the team
- A Reference Check that is done through email
- Pre-Employment Criminal Background Check and Drug Screening
Join the best, be the best, expect the best!
Full time, 40 hours, rotating shifts - :5:30am - 2:00 pm, 11:00am - 7:30pm, and 1:00pm - 9:00pm
*Prepare food according to production sheets following simple or complex recipes while using provided equipment. Have the ability to follow recipes, production sheets, and prepare food according to recipes.
*Produce high quality products; while using and demonstrating creativity and training in order to produce food items that are attractive to the eye and taste appealing. Produce high quality products that follow recipes and department standards.
*Observe and taste food prepared to verify flavor and texture standards. Understand department standards of food quality and recipe taste. Demonstrate ability to adjust recipes.
*Suggest menu or recipe changes so food will be used before expiration dates by demonstrating good judgment and creativity. Be able to read and understand menus. Have knowledge of recipes.
*Demonstrate the ability to organize work for maximum production. Read, follow, and understand production sheets. Demonstrate actual high volume production.
*Check food temperatures before serving in order to follow standards for food safety and sanitation. Demonstrate and verbalize temperature food safety standards. Demonstrate proper procedure for taking temperatures and corrective action when necessary. Understand HACCP sanitation and safety guidelines.
*Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
High School Diploma or equivalent
2-years relevant experience in high volume food service
Meet all city, state, and federal certifications within 30 days of employment
• Ability to meet time standards required by production schedule.
• Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Demonstrate initiative in assuming responsibilities.
• Must be cooperative, discreet and courteous in handling visitors and employees.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.