Plano, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Plano
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is seeking a CST for the Scoli Spine Team.
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Mid Shift (day/evening)
Minimum Education Requirements:
Post High School Vocational Training or Equivalent
Minimum Licensure Requirements:
Certified Surgical Technologist attained within 180 days of hire or Licensed Vocational Nurse in State of Texas, CPR on hire
Minimum Experience Requirements:
Previous Surgical Scrub Tech Experience preferred
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs scrub responsibilities in accordance with unit standards on all assigned procedures.
* Demonstrates knowledge of table set-ups, instrumentation, surgeon’s preference cards, etc. for all assigned cases.
* Maintains, corrects and reports breaks in Aseptic technique.
* Participates in surgical site verification “Time Out”.
* Follows unit policies related to sharps, sponges and instrumentation.
* Returns instruments, equipment and supplies correctly to appropriate locations following each procedure.
* Facilitates the provision of safe, competent care for patients of all ages populations served in areas of
* Keeps perioperative environment neat and clean.
* Accepts responsibility to identify and solve patient problems and reports to the circulator, physicians and other OR team members.
* Looks for and suggests ways to improve.
* Follows department policies and procedures.
* Actively promotes targets related to patients, employees and physicians.
* Participates in hospital or unit based committees when solicited.
* Is courteous and communicates with respect and dignity toward others.
* Anticipates and accommodates needs of team members.
* Responds to emergency situations appropriately.
* Regularly attends and participates in scheduled staff meetings.
* Uses past experience as a learning process.
* Takes steps to develop self and learn continuously.
* Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs.
* Maintain job specific requirements: Certification; CPR; TB testing; hospital reorientation and other
hospital/system requirements as appropriate.
* Actively participates in the training and orientation of new staff members.
*Adheres to Time and Attendance policy.
* Adheres to department specific guidelines for supply charging.
* Facilitates the provision of equipment/supplies to support patient care.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health Care Benefits
• Wellness Program
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Other benefits: Adoption Assistance, and Credit Union