Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Resources is the largest faith based hospital system in North Texas. Our mission is to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve. If you share in this mission, we would like to hear from you.
The Family Centered Care Unit in the Margot Perot women's center at Texas Health Dallas, a MAGNET and baby friendly facility, is in search of a Registered Nurse - Lactation Consultant for our Lactation Program.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is excellent at communicating with peers, physicians, patients and who cares about customer service.
Part-time, night Shift - 10:45PM-7:15AM, (3) 8-hour shifts/week with holiday & weekend requirements. Self scheduling. Very flexible on schedule
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015 and 2016 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
In order to qualify for this newly created position, the following criteria must be met:
RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
- Associates degree in Nursing is minimum.
*One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
(Prefer experience as a Lactation Consultant)
* Current RN licensure to practice in the state of Texas upon hire; and
* Current AHA BLS/CPR training certification upon hire
*IBCLC certification Required upon hire;
In addition, you must hold a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment and be proficient in Windows applications.
* BSN strongly preferred.
* More than 2 years of recent Lactation Consulting/ Breastfeeding education and Maternal/Newborn RN experience
* NRP certification
* will be the Lactation resource on nights
Texas Health Resources provides a competitive benefits package:
* Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision
* 401K retirement
* Tuition reimbursement
* Short term and long term disability
* Be Healthy Wellness program
* Fitness Center discounts
* Free parking
* Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
and much more!.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.