Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Dallas, a Magnet facility, has begun a search for a full time experienced Nurse Manager to oversee the Maternal Newborn department.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Education: BSN and BLS certified
3 years RN experience in mother/baby, couplet care, Postpartum, Nursery, or L&D background
Prefer: 5 years or more RN exp. in couplet care, mother/baby, Postpartum, Nursery or L&D
Prefer MSN. RN-C in MNN certification is helpful
Previous progressive leadership experience- as Nursing Supervisor, Nurse Manager or Team leader)
Able to help at the bedside with hands on nursing
DEPARTMENT: Will oversee 100 staff members - (on 2 floors - 4th and 5th of Perot)
- Manages coordination of patient care provided to assure a multidisciplinary and collaborative process.
- Provides leadership for the unit.
- Promotes unit, patient and staff safety
- Manages unit operations and budget, including supply, payroll and communications.
- Makes recommendations with supportive data to director for unit needs.
- Assists with budget preparation and monitors fiscal year budget for assigned unit(s).
- Assumes responsibility as Chief Recruitment and Retention Officer (CRO)
- Aggressively pursues filling staffing vacancies in collaboration with human resources.
- Annual performance reviews are timely.
- Supports participation in Clinical Practice Council.
- Participates in department/THR community outreach activities
- Monitors unit opportunities for process improvement in collaboration with CNS/CES/Council Representative and promotes an environment conducive to change.
- Consistently applies value model in quality improvement methods.
- Accepts other duties as requested.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.