Certified Surgical Tech PRN - Maternal Newborn
Cleburne, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Cleburne
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is seeking a Certified Surgical Tech in the Maternal Newborn Department
PRN: As needed
Minimum Education Requirements:
Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program.
Minimum Licensure / Certification Requirements:
Certified Surgical Technologist required upon hire
Successful completion of CPR within 30 days of hire.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
Previous CST experience preferred
Minimum Skill Requirements:
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment; knowledge of surgical technology.
- Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
- In collaboration with the RN, assists with the nursing process which includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of all patients, including:
- Provides care according to standards of care
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to improve care processes that promote continuity of care.
- Performs technical procedures safely, proficiently, and within scope of practice
- Participates in unit-based programs to monitor and continuously improve the quality of patient care.
- Utilizes evidence based practice.
- Documents accurately, completely, and legibly
- Takes action to reduce/eliminate patient risks.
- Adapts care measures to reflect age/population-specific and developmental considerations.
- Safely administers medication in accordance with medication administration guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is a 137-bed, full-service hospital that has served Cleburne and the Johnson County area since 1986. Located about 35 miles south of Fort Worth, hospital services include surgery, women’s care, gastroenterology, orthopedics and ear, nose and throat care. The center has have over 80 physicians on its medical staff and has been recognized as a 2013 Top Performer for Quality Care in a nationwide performance improvement project, an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, and designated a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Recognitions like these make our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.