Fort Worth, TX US
PATRON FOOD SERVICES
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
As Needed - 1st shift
High school diploma or equivalent.
2-year relevant experience in high volume restaurant, hospital, or Institution
Meet all city, state, and federal certification standards.
• Ability to meet time standards required by production schedule.
• Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Demonstrate initiative in assuming responsibilities.
• Must be cooperative, discreet and courteous in handling visitors and employees.
* Prepares food according to production sheets following simple or complex recipes, utilizing appropriate equipment. Demonstrate ability to follow recipes, production sheets, and prepare food according to recipes.
* Produces high quality products; utilizing creativity and training, in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing. Demonstrate creativity and training. Produce high quality products that adhere to recipe and department standards. Produce food products that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
* Observe and taste food prepared to verify flavor and texture standards. Understand department standards of food quality and recipe taste. Demonstrate ability to adjust recipes.
* Suggest menu or recipe changes so food will be used before expiration dates. Demonstrate judgment and creativity. Be able to read and understand menus. Have knowledge of recipes.
* Organize for work for maximum. Demonstrate ability to organize work. Read, follow, and understand production sheets. Demonstrate actual production.
* Check food temperatures before serving; follow standards for food safety and sanitation. Demonstrate and verbalize temperature food safety standards. Demonstrate proper procedure for taking temperatures and corrective action when necessary. Understand HACCP sanitation and safety guidelines.
* Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.