Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
PRN "As needed" - Variable Shifts
High school diploma or equivalent.
2-year relevant experience in high volume restaurant, hospital, or Institution
Meet all city, state, and federal certification standards.
• Ability to meet time standards required by production schedule.
• Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Demonstrate initiative in assuming responsibilities.
• Must be cooperative, discreet and courteous in handling visitors and employees.
* Prepares food according to production sheets following simple or complex recipes, utilizing appropriate equipment. Demonstrate ability to follow recipes, production sheets, and prepare food according to recipes.
* Produces high quality products; utilizing creativity and training, in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing. Demonstrate creativity and training. Produce high quality products that adhere to recipe and department standards. Produce food products that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
* Observe and taste food prepared to verify flavor and texture standards. Understand department standards of food quality and recipe taste. Demonstrate ability to adjust recipes.
* Suggest menu or recipe changes so food will be used before expiration dates. Demonstrate judgment and creativity. Be able to read and understand menus. Have knowledge of recipes.
* Organize for work for maximum. Demonstrate ability to organize work. Read, follow, and understand production sheets. Demonstrate actual production.
* Check food temperatures before serving; follow standards for food safety and sanitation. Demonstrate and verbalize temperature food safety standards. Demonstrate proper procedure for taking temperatures and corrective action when necessary. Understand HACCP sanitation and safety guidelines.
* Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.